tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: shutdown.sh hangs to the process
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 18:43:18 GMT
Do a kill -3 (I think) on the java process to get a thread dump after
the incomplete shutdown. It will tell you the threads that are still
running. Look for the non-daemon threads. The kill results usually go to
standard output of the java process.

The JVM does not shutdown until all non-daemon threads have ceased to run.