tomcat-users mailing list archives

From peter lin <peter....@labs.gte.com>
Subject Re: Concurrency Problems
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 15:05:41 GMT

it all depends on the hardware, webapp and a whole bunch of other
things.

the best way to find out is to stress test it with varying level of
threads, preferably increased in regular increments.

once you get a baseline, you can then try increasing the max processors
in server.xml and repeat the same set of tests.

Do this as many times as needed to figure out what settings work best
for you.  Depending on your webapplication and the response time, you
may also want to try increasing the acceptCount.

Performance tuning takes time and consistent methodology.  It's also
beneficial to set a thresh-hold for what you consider to be reasonable
response time under heavy loads vs light loads.  hope that helps.

peter