tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vijay Kandy <Vij...@mailcode.com>
Subject Sharing an object between servlets
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 14:28:14 GMT

Dear All,

We are building a map tool - to draw maps and show some data on them. Now, I
have this situation. I have a servlet that gets coordinates from the
database and draws the map on its OutputStream (the content type is set to
png image). There is another servlet (content type is text/html) that embeds
the URL of the first servlet. This servlet also gets coordinates from the
database, and populates them over the image so I can do some image map or
mouseOver() tricks using javascript. I was wondering if there was a way to
make just one call to the database and share the coordinates between the
servlets. Right now, I will try any thing!

Thank you,
Vijay