tomcat-users mailing list archives

From paul miller <paul_n_mil...@yahoo.com>
Subject re: JspC problems
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:58:53 GMT

thanks for the post John

running the jspc4 sript under linux the su fails
  // problems escaping the -d
but if I su to tomcat then run djasper4 script
  su - tomcat4
  djasper4 jspc -d <dest dir> -v4  -webapp <src dir>
It works under tomcat 4.0.4
tomcat 4.1.12 creates java files but does not compile them,
and gives no reason as to why.
compilation by hand without jasper.JspC results in working but smaller class
files.

--- jattwood@hgmp.mrc.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've solved my compilation problem - I'd inadvertently trashed my
> build classpath and jasper couldn't find the JavaBeans used by the
> JSPs.
>
> I still have the "Internal Error: File /WEB-INFO/web.xml not found"
> problem though. The arguments to JspC are -d <dest dir> -v4 -p JspServ
> and -webapp <src dir> and I'm using an ant java task as I couldn't
> get the jspc task to work (always died with signal 9). I can't find
> any docs for JspC which say what its command-line options are, so
> I don't know how to tell it where to find web.xml at compile time.
>
> Any insights appreciated.
>
> John.
>

> --

=====