tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Garrett Smith <javadevm...@yahoo.com>
Subject tomcat classloader bug
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2002 02:31:02 GMT
Hey,

I am trying to cast a javax.mail.Session into a javax.mail.Session and I am
getting a ClassCastException.

this code:

    Session session;
    try{
        session = (Session) envCtx.lookup(Mailer.url);
    }
    catch(ClassCastException cce){
       throw new ClassCastException("envCtx.lookup(Mailer.url).class = "
            +envCtx.lookup(Mailer.url).getClass().getName());
    }

produces this error:

java.lang.ClassCastException: envCtx.lookup(Mailer.url).class =
javax.mail.Session
    at com.dhtmlkitchen.reg.mail.Mailer.sendMail(Mailer.java:110)
    at com.dhtmlkitchen.reg.mail.Mailer.sendReminder(Mailer.java:72)
    at com.dhtmlkitchen.reg.ChangeAccount.doPost(ChangeAccount.java:68)

Now I did some experimentation with a jsp and the object returned from the
Session pool and I fount the following statements to be true:

javax.mail.Session.class.getClassLoader == WebappClassLoader

Object obj = Mailer.envCtx.lookup( Mailer.url );

obj.getClass().getClassLoader() == StandardClassLoader

For a detailed discussion of this, see:
http://saloon.javaranch.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=003627

=====
http://dhtmlkitchen.com/