tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Garrett Smith <javadevm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Where to put Java files/classes
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2002 02:23:56 GMT
you put any classes and packages here:

/webapps/<your-app-name>/WEB-INF/classes/

jar files (such as mm.mysql) go here:

/webapps/<your-app-name>/WEB-INF/lib/

Core Servlets and JavaServer Pages by Marty Hall explains all the details
related to the basic issues of configuration (and more advanced issues, too).

Garrett

--- Ryan Heusinkveld <heus3117@msn.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to configure Tomcat to allow me to import and use classes that I
> have created within my jsp pages.  I imported them within my page, but I get
> the error that the classes cannot be found.  I created a directory under my
> $CATALINA_HOME called 'src', and packaged my classes accordingly under
> there.  What do I need to do to tell Tomcat that the classes are under
> there?  Should I be placing them somewhere else?
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> -Ryan

=====
http://dhtmlkitchen.com/