tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lior Shliechkorn <liorshli...@yahoo.com>
Subject URI mapping looks in root not webapp
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:22:48 GMT

Hello,

I'm using IIS 5 and Win2000 server. I'm trying to have a url of a website mapped directly
to a webapp

www.xxx.com ---> c:\tomcat\webapp\AppName

I tested the webapp normally under localhost and it works fine. I packed all the utility classes
and the web.xml file is created. The directory structure is as required as well. I'm getting
strange results though.

The redirect log finds the mapping that I created in the URIWORKERMAP.PROP file

/www.xxx.com/*.jsp=ajp13

and a worker is created to take on that request. However, it looks in the ROOT folder instead
of looking at the AppName folder that I created. If I add the examples virtual directory it
works fine and I see that there is a match with the uri mapping and it looks like this:

http://www.xxx.com/examples/jsp/num/numguess.jps  --> one of the lines in the log looks
like the one below

HttpFilterProc [/examples/jsp...] is a ....

The page is fetched and working fine. Now when I go to the regular URL I get a page is not
available:

http://www.xxx.com/index.jsp

HttpFilterProc [/index.jsp] is a servlet ...

So it's looking in the root instead of in the AppName. Can anyone help me with this issue?
I'm not sure what I can do to resolve that.

Thanks,

Lior