tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat Manager APP: manage VIRTUALHOST'S apps all TOGHETHER?
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:34:03 GMT

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Fabio Marsilio wrote:

> Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:44:51 +0200
> From: Fabio Marsilio <fmarsilio@veniceplaza.net>
> To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Tomcat Manager APP:  manage VIRTUALHOST'S apps all TOGHETHER?
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have configured tomcat (4.0.5) with more (virtual) hosts.
>
> If I want to manage the apps of those virtual hosts with tomcat app manager,
> I must create a manager application inside every virtual host.
>
> so for example, to manage the applications of virtualhost1.com I must use
> the URL http://virtualhost1.com/manager ,
>
> to manage the applications of virtualhost2.com I must use the URL
> http://virtualhost2.com/manager ...etc, etc.
>

> Do you know if there is the possibility to manage all apps of all virtual
> hosts within the same url?

It depends on how you've configured your Tomcat virtual hosts.  If you
have set up separate <Host> elements for each of them, then you must set
up a webapp for the Manager inside each of them.  If there is a single
<Host> element (relying on the "defaulthost" attribute to resolve all
unknown host names to the same one), then a single Manager webapp will
manage all of them.

> Thank you in advance
>
> Fabio.

Craig