tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can I have multiple JNDI references to the same connection pool?
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:32:02 GMT

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Michael Bowman wrote:

> Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:34:35 -0400
> From: Michael Bowman <michael.bowman2@comcast.net>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Can I have multiple JNDI references to the same connection pool?
>
> Does anyone know whether I can make multiple, different JNDI references
> to the same connection pool? I am using DBCP for the pooling. Thanks.

You can do this, but only in Tomcat 4.1.x (not 4.0.x).  The basic idea is
to put your connection pool definition in the <GlobalNamingResources>
section of server.xml, and then create a <ResourceLink> element nested
inside the <Context> element for each web application that should share
the same connection pool.

> Michael Bowman

Craig