tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Byrd" <john.b...@darkspell.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.1X seems broken on Linux
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:23:04 GMT
The catalina.out log entry is below.

Did 4.1.12 work for you on Linux straight out, or did you have to set
some configuration?

Catalina.start: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer
   at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2312)
   at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2332)
   at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:1240)
   at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:454)
   at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.startElement(XMLNamespaceBinder.java:571)
   at
org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(XMLDTDValidator.java:756)
   at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:752)
   at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$ContentDispatcher.scanRootElementHook(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:942)
   at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1520)
   at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:333)
   at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.java:524)
   at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.java:580)
   at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:152)
   at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1169)
   at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1495)
   at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:449)
   at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
   at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
   at
   at
   at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
> I run 4.1.12 on Linux with no problems. You need to post the complete
> exception you are getting.

org.catalina.core.StandardServer

> I'm certain that this is one of those annoying JVM messages that leads
> you down the wrong path. The catalina.jar, which contains
> StandardServer, is most definitely on the classpath.
>
> My guess is that the error occurs in parsing some configuration file,
> because the exception line is preceded by this line:
> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester startElement
> SEVERE: Begin event threw exception
>
> If anyone has a clue as to the fix to this situation please let me know.
> I'd like to move up from the 4.0.x level.
> --
> John Byrd
> john.byrd@darkspell.com
>
> --