tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Finney <lovefin...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: HTTP Response appears at top : Tomcat 3.2.1 IIS 5 IE 6 SP1
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 21:55:33 GMT
To answer these two questions:
1) Does the JSP code that sends the redirect write
anything prior to the re-direct
Answer: Not always although in some cases it may.   In
the case I am using to test with, it does not write
anything to the response.

2) does it have a return statement immediately
following the send redirect?
Answer: yes.  At least in the case which I am using to
test with.

These three files make the error happen
test_first_page.jsp
test_included.jsp
test_last_page.jsp

test_first_page.jsp contents:
<%@ include file="test_included.jsp" %>
<%
try {
log("inside log - MAF TAKEOUT - checking the
redirect");
  response.sendRedirect("/ja/test_last_page.jsp");  //
my add on
  return;
} catch (Exception e) {
}
%>

test_included.jsp contents:

yes that is four blank lines: 0xD 0xA)

test_last_page.jsp contents:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
<head>
<title>ok</title>
</head>
ok 2