tomcat-users mailing list archives

From g...@socrates.Berkeley.EDU
Subject Default Context
Date Sun, 06 Oct 2002 04:06:59 GMT
In tomcat3.x, a URL like "http:/mycomputer/servlet/someservlet"
would be redirected to "http:/mycomputer/ROOT/servlet/someservlet"
or to whatever was defined as the default context.

So far I have not been able to get this behavious in tomcat4.x.
Redirect and Rewrite won't work because most of our servlets rely
on the POST method, and I would like to avoid re-writing our entire
web-site.  There are a couple of other possible work-arounds but
they seem to belong in the "when all else has failed" category.

There have been several threads around this question, and I wonder
if anything like a solution has been found or even suggested?

Glen Jackson