tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John M. Hollingsworth <jmh_tom...@cox.net>
Subject Re: Error Compiling JSP under 4.1.12
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 22:43:38 GMT
I ran into the same problem.  Let's say my file is called MyApp.  Previously, my JSP stated
something like:

import MyApp;

Tomcat 4.0.4 was cool with this.  But when I loaded 4.1.10 or 4.1.12, I get the same error
you do.  So I moved MyApp.class from \classes to \classes\MyAppGrp, then adjusted my JSP to
the following:

import MyAppGrp.MyApp;

It works fine after that.

Is this a reported bug?  I see this as a bug, but I only currently have one page using a single
class anyway, so it's not a big workout for me to adjust my JSP to the setup I described.