tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sundar Narasimhan <sun...@ascent.com>
Subject weird problem with tomcat 4.0 & Apache mod_proxy -- how to diagnose
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 09:52:42 GMT
Hi, All; First of, thanks much for tomcat (I suspect you here that
often).

I have a web app that works fine in an intranet and internet setting
where tomcat is directly accessible to the browser(s).

But I need to deploy it in a configuration that is fronted by
mod_proxy on Apache. (i.e. users will come in at
http://external/xyz/bar and they will be directed to
http://internal/abc/).

Perhaps this is an apache question, but what I am finding is that
Tomcat's sessions are not reliably kept over mod_proxy. What I'd like
to know is exactly how Tomcat decides to locate a session
corresponding to a browser. (I think it uses 'cookies' and perhaps
mod_proxy somehow doesn't work w/ this?)

Does anyone have experience deploying tomcat along with mod_proxy?
Thanks.