tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Murtari <mrl...@thebook.com>
Subject virtual hosting
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 19:50:40 GMT

Chad,

I posted some examples of a <host></host> a few minutes ago.

I am not sure if this will help, but it may help to track it down a
little.

I had been starting Tomcat from a wrapper script where I set a bunch
of limits on memory, cpu, etc... :

    ulimit -c 1000 # core files
    ulimit -d 80000 # data segment
    ulimit -l 80000 # max size which can be locked into memory
    ulimit -m 80000 # The maximum resident set size
    ulimit -s 80000 The maximum stack size
    ulimit -t 300 #The max cpu time
    ulimit -v 150000  # The  maximum amount of virtual memory

With these limits I was also getting an java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

>From the shell prompt, if you type ulimit -a it will list your shell's
limits.  If you start Tomcat from the same shell, it will inherit
those limits.

I tried upping each limit a little here and a little there trying to
figure out exactly how much memory, stack, etc.. Tomcat wanted but I
finally gave up on it and save that adventure for another day.

--
                                          John