tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Murtari <mrl...@thebook.com>
Subject tomcat 4.1.12/blackdown 1.3.1 jdk dies periodically
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 20:12:49 GMT
Hello,

We are running tomcat using the blackdown port of the 1.3.1 JDK on a
couple servers.  One machine is running with green threads, the other
with native threads.

We have noticed that the green threads tomcat will die unexpectantly
without logging a thing.  I cannot get the green threads to run for
more than a few hours without it disappearing.

The native threads seem to be more stable, but I have not been able to
gauge exactly how much more stable.  I was able to start tomcat with
native threads yesterday afternoon and it ran until this morning
(16-18 hours) when the machine was rebooted.  It was restarted and has
been running since without a problem (6 hours).

Has anyone experienced anything similiar??

--
                                          John