tomcat-users mailing list archives

From troc...@Eng.Auburn.EDU
Subject Using DES algorithm as Digest
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 21:59:30 GMT
Hi,
   I have been trying to install a new security provider to work with Tomcat4
and I can't get it to work. I need to store and read passwords in DES. So I
installed statically the provider in java.security and put the correponding
jar file in the commons/lib area.  I am using the JDBC realm and specifying
the digest as "DES". The problem is that I keep getting a Algorithm not found
exception. I know the algorithm is in the algorithm jar file because I tested
it outside of tomcat.

Is it not possible to use outside providers in tomcatwith the default REALMS?

Thanks,
       Hugo