tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Sergeys" <filip.serg...@verzekeringen.be>
Subject mod_jk.conf -> JkHTTPSIndicator; how to get these environment variables in tomcat ?
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:34:49 GMT
Helo,

Let me first describe the setup and what we like to accomplish, then
what the problem is.

Apache configured with mod_ssl taking all http and https requests and
forwarding the *.jsp's to tomcat with mod_jk as the connector between
the two.
Apache version: 1.3.26
Tomcat version: 4.1.12
connector : mod_jk1.2
OS: solaris 7

What works?
All requests work properly (http and https). Static pages are handled by
apache, dynamic pages by tomcat.

What does not work?
We are unable to obtain the ssl information in tomcat. Following the
documentation we did following setup.
=> in mod_jk.conf
[....lots of other stuff needing to be there...]
JkExtractSSL On
JkHTTPSIndicator HTTPS
JkSESSIONIndicator SSL_SESSION_ID
JkCIPHERIndicator SSL_CIPHER
JkCERTSIndicator SSL_CLIENT_CERT

If we understood well, mod_jk should be able to provide this information
to tomcat.
How can we capture this in tomcat?
We did the following to get a list of all the request variables, and it
is not in there:
---BEGIN CODE---
     for (java.util.Enumeration enum=req.getAttributeNames();
enum.hasMoreElements();) {
          String key=(String)enum.nextElement();
          System.err.println("req.var "+key+": "+req.getAttribute(key));
        }
---END CODE---

A search on google (JkExtractSSL) does not provide any answer to this
topic, hope somebody can help us

Thank you in advance, sincerely yours,

Filip Sergeys