tomcat-users mailing list archives

From p...@positive-internet.com
Subject Problem with JkMount /java/* ajp13 and web.xml
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:36:47 GMT
Hi,
  We have recently had a problem surface on a server.  The situation is
this, and I am fairly sure it was working perfectly before:

1) http://domain/servlet/  is the default servlet mount line.
2) http://domain/java/     is an addition one.

  both of the above are in apache config, using mod_jk and Tomcat 3.2.3,
like so:

  JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
  JkMount /java/* ajp13

  This the latter stopped working so as a quick fix I added another
InvokerServlet entry in server.xml with /java/ as the prefix.  This
resolved the problem in the sense that /java/Hello would work to call
hello world.  The problem is that servlet-mapping entries in the web.xml
file for the site are not working.  You can call the entire class
directly, e.g.:

  http://domain/java/uk.com.shopping.Cart

  but not the web.xml mapped shorthand:

  http://domain/java/Cart

  Does anyone have any idea what could have changed to bring about this
and what I could do as a solution?

Paul