tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thad Humphries <t...@mindwrap.com>
Subject putting workers2.properties in $CATALINA_HOME/conf
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 16:51:40 GMT
The docs
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/jk2/configweb.html)
says to put workers2.properties in
"${serverRoot}/conf/workers2.properties, where ${serverRoot} is
something like /opt/apache."  And although the "Installation" section is
blank (did someone say "documentation"?), I figured out to put
LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.so in my httpd.conf file.

So, I've got Apache 2 and Tomcat 4.1 working with jk2.  Great!
Question:  How can I put workers2.properties in $CATALINA_HOME/conf and
get it read by Apache 2 (or 1.3) on startup?  On most installs around
here, the root user is responsible for everything under Apache and the
web app administrator runs Tomcat so I'd like to put workers2.properties
in the Tomcat tree.