tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Trollinger" <jaka...@trollingers.com>
Subject RE: jspc pre-compiled pages distributed with .war file?
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:29:49 GMT
The jspc command does not put "real" package names on the jsp.class
files.  What happens is each jsp page gets its own classloader so if you
have 2 index.jsp files they will still run.  To do what you want to do
you have to have each jsp generated .java file have a "real" package
name so that when you deploy the class files to tomcat it can resolve
the classes correctly.

There have been a few threads on both this and the developer list about
work arounds to this.. Don't have the links.. But I suggest you try
there.

Also there is an option on jspc for jasper that will create the web.xml
fragment for all the mappings for the jsp servlets.