tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Eung-ju Park" <co...@apache.org>
Subject Missing optional package Extension...
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:33:30 GMT
I put all required jars to WEB-INF/lib. but tomcat says missing optional
packages.
excalibur-container.jar require avalon-framework extension package. I have
all required packages.
WEB-INF/lib is incorrect place for optional packages?
Why tomcat throws exception for just optional package? I don't know about
Optional Extension Package specification.

--- catalina_log ---
Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  Missing optional package
Extension[avalon-f
ramework, implementationVersion=4.1.3, specificationVersion=1.0]
LifecycleException:  Missing optional package Extension[avalon-framework,
implem
entationVersion=4.1.3, specificationVersion=1.0]
>.......at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader.validatePackages(WebappLoader
.java:1317)
>.......at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader.start(WebappLoader.java:682)
>.......at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3
456)
>.......at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
>.......at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:738)
>.......at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
>.......at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:347
)
>.......at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:4
97)