tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Subu" <sbhag...@chutneytech.com>
Subject class loader question
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 22:22:04 GMT
Hi,

I am using Tomcat 4.0 application server. I have a question about the class
loaders.

I have tried to use a custom jsp tag lib with this app server. I have placed
the jar file corresponding to the tag lib in the system class path (in the
setclasspath.bat). I was getting the following error as a result.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/jsp/tagext/TagSupport

In this case I wrote a jsp to print the classpath and the classloader for
the jsp's. It shows that the app server has loaded my custom jar file, and
the classloader for the current jsp is
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader@4db06e .

What I dont understand is why this TagSupport error when I can find the
class already loaded.

could some one answer this.

thanks
-Subu