tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tomcat Newbie" <>
Subject Virtual hosts with Apache 2.0.43 & Tomcat 4.1.12 & mod_jk2 on Linux
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 02:27:13 GMT
I can't seem to figure out why my setup behaves differently when I access
the same host with and without 'www.'. I used to run Apache 1.3.x and Tomcat
4.0.x, where my setup included aliases in Apache config file as well as two
virtual hosts in Tomcat (with 'www.' and without) for each domain. Not sure
if that was the way to do it, but it worked!

My present setup, aside from upgraded software, has Aliases both in Apache
and Tomcat config files, however such setup does not seem to help. Apache
handles requests properly and forwards them to the same directory, however
with 'www.' I get a directory listing, while without Tomcat picks up the
request and processes it.

What am I missing? Or do I have to setup two hosts for each domain again?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message