tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jim Urban" <jur...@parkcitysolutions.com>
Subject Tomcat/4 Apache/2 Mod_jk and SSL
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:27:17 GMT
Ok, I got Tomcat (4.0.4) and Apache (2.0.43) talking to each other via
mod_jk on W2K with JDK 1.3.0.  Now I have set up Apache to handle SSL
requests (mod_ssl.so).  If I enter https://localhost <https://localhost/>  I
get a secure connection to the Apache default page (and the browserÂ’s secure
flag is on).  However if I try to access a static page located in a Tomcat
context via https I get a 404.  If I access the same static page located in
a Tomcat context via http the page gets displayed just fine.  A am having
the same problem with my servlets.  What do I have to do to get Apache to
decipher SSL requests and then forward them to Tomcat?

Thanks,
Jim