tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Nicholson" <...@email.unc.edu>
Subject So, what does it take to register a JDBC driver for a connection pool?
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 18:59:11 GMT
Or is that even necessary?  (I would think it is...).  I've been trying to get the DBCP-commons
going for a while, and finally got it to find the correct resource reference, but it still
returns a null datasource.  So I started changing things in the server.xml to find out what
doesn't cause my result to change, with the idea that maybe that's where my error is.  So
I can change my driverClassName to anything and get the exact same result, so my current theory
is that this is where the problem is.  My partial server.xml file is below:

<Resource name="jdbc/myoracle" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource" />

          <ResourceParams name="jdbc/myoracle">
            <parameter>
              <name>driverClassName</name>
            </parameter>