tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rick Fincher" <...@tbird.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat and Webalizer
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 18:12:50 GMT
A JSP file isn't enough.  You need a web app.  That requires a WEB-INF
folder with a web.xml file.

You can run your JSP create the folder WEB-INF (case is important) in your
begjsp-ch01 folder.  In WEB-INF put a minimal web.xml file containing
something like the example below.

Now access your JSP by using your URL in the browser.  You can even drop the
index.jsp from the URL with the web.xml listed below because it defines
index.jsp as a welcome file.  That saves your users some typing and hides
some of the implementation details from them.  The description is optional
but a good idea.

<!DOCTYPE web-app

<web-app>

<description>My Chapter 01 Application</description>

<welcome-file-list>

<welcome-file>

index.jsp

</welcome-file>