tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alan Halley" <ahal...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject JDBCRealm Question
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 13:55:28 GMT

Hi

I am getting strange error when I try to use JDCRealm. I running Tomcat 4 from within Forte.
The error is

Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  Exception opening database connection:  java.sql.SQLException:
org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
LifecycleException:  Exception opening database connection:  java.sql.SQLException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
        at org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.start(JDBCRealm.java:615)
I'm sure that my JDBCrealm is configured correctly. Here is the relevant section of the server.xml

      <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
          driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"
        connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/diamond?user=alan;password=xxxxxxx;"
       userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name" userCredCol="user_pass"
        userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name"/>

Alan Halley