tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "rdevine" <rdevin...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat and Webalizer
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 18:34:49 GMT
I'll try that.  The book I'm using to learn JSP development did not have
that as a requirement.  It only listed the steps I outlined in my mail.

Thanks!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Fincher [mailto:rnf@tbird.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 1:13 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat and Webalizer

A JSP file isn't enough.  You need a web app.  That requires a WEB-INF
folder with a web.xml file.

You can run your JSP create the folder WEB-INF (case is important) in
your begjsp-ch01 folder.  In WEB-INF put a minimal web.xml file
containing something like the example below.

Now access your JSP by using your URL in the browser.  You can even drop
the index.jsp from the URL with the web.xml listed below because it
defines index.jsp as a welcome file.  That saves your users some typing
and hides some of the implementation details from them.  The description
is optional but a good idea.

<!DOCTYPE web-app

<web-app>

<description>My Chapter 01 Application</description>

<welcome-file-list>

<welcome-file>

index.jsp

</welcome-file>