tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Vanspall" <st...@crmsoftware.com.au>
Subject problem with servlet.jar
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 23:34:26 GMT
Hi there,

I am using Tomcat 4.1.12.

Everything was working fine. However to make sure that my webapp will work when installed
elsewhere, I tried installing it on another machine.

I installed

Tomcat 4.1.12
JDK 1.4.1
and my web-app

When I start it up I get the following message

WebappClassLoader: validateJarFile(C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\webapps\CRMSoftwareApp\WEB-INF\lib\servlet.jar)
- jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class

However I am using the servlet.jar file that comes with tomcat. I just moved it into my web-app
lib directory, to please Eclipse. This installation is identical to the one on my other machine
and it works fine.

Can anyone help

Thanks in advance

Steve