tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Raj Mettai" <rmet...@broward.edu>
Subject RE: Apache2 and Tomcat4 on different boxes
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:56:04 GMT
Hi,

I had hostname on server.xml and IP in workers.properties, I have
changed both to IP. But still, apache does not talk to tomcat.
They work fine when they are on the same box, also, do I need to
stutdown port 8080 on tomcat, because tomcat is accessible thru his
port.

Here are my latest config files......

workers.properties
—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
worker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.host=neptune.broward.edu
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
httpd.conf
—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
  LoadModule jk_module /usr/local/apache/modules/mod_jk.so
</IfModule>

JkWorkersFile "/usr/local/apache/conf/workers.properties"
JkLogFile "/usr/local/apache/logs/mod_jk.log"

JkLogLevel debug

<VirtualHost morpheus.broward.edu>
ServerName morpheus.broward.edu

JkMount /examples ajp13
JkMount /examples/* ajp13

JkMount /manager ajp13
JkMount /manager/* ajp13

JkMount /FCCSC ajp13
JkMount /FCCSC/* ajp13

JkMount / ajp13
JkMount /* ajp13
</VirtualHost>
—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

server.xml(host param)
—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      <Host name="neptune.broward.edu" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
unpackWARs="true">

        <Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
append=
"true" />
—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks a lot

-Raj

>>> JTurner@AAS.com 09/13/02 03:18PM >>>

You have to have the hostnames the same, all the way through. Don't mix
IP
addresses and hostnames.

Does worker.ajp13.host equal the Host element's name parameter in
server.xml
on the Tomcat box?

Also, does this app work with Tomcat on the same box?

John