tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Raj Mettai" <rmet...@broward.edu>
Subject Apache2 and Tomcat4 on different boxes
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:12:19 GMT
Hi all,

Here is my apache and tomcat configuration.................

apache installed on morpheus.broward.edu(10.103.2.4) and tomcat on
neptune.broward.edu(10.103.2.30), I have copied the mod_jk.conf code
from tomcat machine to apache httd.conf and also copied
workers.properties to apache box and also modified the host parm to
tomcat server.(both are running on solaris 8 using connector mod_jk).

when I try to access the page from apache box, I am getting 404 error...

Here is worker.properties files
—------------------------------------------

worker.ajp13.port=8009

worker.ajp13.host=10.103.2.30

worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
—------------------------------------------

and I have following code attached to httpd.conf at the end...
—----------------------------------------------------------------------
<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
  LoadModule jk_module /usr/local/apache/modules/mod_jk.so
</IfModule>

JkWorkersFile "/usr/local/apache/conf/workers.properties"
JkLogFile "/usr/local/apache/logs/mod_jk.log"

JkLogLevel info

<VirtualHost 10.103.2.4>
    ServerName morpheus.broward.edu

    JkMount / ajp13
    JkMount /* ajp13

    JkMount /FCCSC ajp13
    JkMount /FCCSC/* ajp13

    JkMount /examples ajp13
    JkMount /examples/* ajp13

    JkMount /webdav ajp13
    JkMount /webdav/* ajp13

    JkMount /tomcat-docs ajp13
    JkMount /tomcat-docs/* ajp13

    JkMount /manager ajp13
    JkMount /manager/* ajp13
</VirtualHost>

can somebody please help me here.................

-Raj

>>> rmettai@broward.edu 09/13/02 11:38AM >>>
Hi all,

Anybody has any suggestions on running Apache and tomcat on diff boxes
using mod_jk connector......?????????

thank you..............

-Raj

>>> rmettai@broward.edu 09/12/02 03:08PM >>>

Hi John,

I have copied the mod_jk.conf  over to apache box (actually copied all
code to the end of httpd.conf). Also, copied workers.properties onto
apache box and modified the host on workers.properties to FQDN of
tomcat. After all these, when I access the page from apache box, I am
getting 400 - Bad request error. Also, nothing is written to either
apache or tomcat logs. I am attaching both, httpd.conf and server.xml
files and also workers.properties...can you give me any suggestions on
this please...........

thanks a lot....

-Raj

>>> JTurner@AAS.com 09/06/02 08:27AM >>>

You don't, as far as I know.  You will need mod_jk.conf on the Apache
box.
In addition, you will need to change the "host" value in
workers.properties
to point to the FQDN of the machine hosting Tomcat.

I guess you could always set up some sort of NFS share, and share out a
location on the Tomcat server so that the Apache server can see it, but
the
simplest way is to start Tomcat, let it generate mod_jk.conf, and then
just
copy it over to the Apache box and HUP Apache.

John