tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <Larry.Mead...@plumcreek.com>
Subject Re: Permission denied trying to connect tomcat to port 80...
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2002 02:56:48 GMT
You have to be root to access ports < 1000.

I think you could su or sudo it.

Larry

>>> gatep5@charter.net 09/06/02 20:44 PM >>>
I'm trying to point my tomcat server over to port 80 in Redhat Linux,
but I am having a little trouble with it.  I have apache installed as
well but I have both disabled the service and commented out the two
lines in the /etc/services file that deal specifically with port 80.
Anyone have a suggestion as to why I am getting this error message and
what I can do to resolve it?  Thanks in advance!

Keith