tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <res0o...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: AW: Copious Connectors Conundrum
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 06:32:45 GMT
Actually, no.  That is why the Java side of Jk2 is considered "release",
while the binary side is considered "beta".  Using the server.xml statement:
port="8009" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75" enableLookups="true"
redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="10" debug="0" connectionTimeout="20000"
useURIValidationHack="false"
protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler" />

(enabled by default in 4.1.x) should work with any version of mod_jk.so,
mod_jk.dll, isapi_redirect.dll, and any other variations that I can't be
bothered to look up :).  However, older versions of Tomcat will need to edit
the $CATALINA_HOME/conf/jk2.properties file to set the channelSocket.port
attribute to 8009 to work with older binaries.

If you want advanced features (e.g. using JNI to connect instead of
sockets), then you need to use the mod_jk2 binaries.  If sockets work for
you, you don't.