tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dan K." <dant...@YorkU.CA>
Subject Re: Tomcat wont start after installing Windows 2000 Pro
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 06:13:37 GMT

Hi Jesper,

I would guess your CATALINA_HOME environment variable isn't being set to
point to the directory where you installed tomcat 4.

To catch the errors, make your command prompt window have a scroll buffer
of like 1000 lines and then start tomcat by running the
command "catalina.bat run" in the %CATALINA_HOME%\bin directory.  That
way, you'll at least have an idea what broke...

Hope this helps.

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Jesper wrote:

> Hello
> I have used Tomcat for over a year with Windows XP and everything works great.
> Today I was installing Windows 2000 instead of XP and I thought that Tomcat would work
great there to, but it did'nt!
> I have Tomcat, mySQL and so on on another partion, so when I install a new OS I just
run the Tomcat and it all works fine. But after installing Wndows 2000 it wont start!!
> I just take a second and I can see a promptwindow saying something about an exception.
I goes so fast I can see the hole message. It isnt saved in the log so I don't know what it
is. I havent changed anything after the new OS and as I said, this has worked before, but
this is the forst time testing Windows 2000 Pro.
> The version I use is 4.0.1 and I use Java 1.4.
> Please help me with this becaus I am lost right now and I need to put up my server as
soon as possible.
> Thanks!
> Jesper

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>