tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Atif Shahab <>
Subject configuration problem
Date Sat, 21 Sep 2002 10:26:38 GMT

I'm having problems configuring the tomcat server.

I've created a directory 'Book' in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps

I've added the following line in server.xml

          <Context docBase="$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/Book"

I've placed a class file called CartItem.class in Book/WEB-INF/classes

I've got a directory Book/jsp that contains a file called

I've restarted tomcat

Now when I access http://localhost:8080/Book/jsp/ShoppingCart.jsp I get
errors '.' expected
import CartItem;

These are examples are from a book so I'm wondering what is wrong.  The
book was written with Tomcat3.x in mind so not sure whether this is my
configuration problem or wrong code.

>From Tomcat Web Application Manager I can see that the configuration is
somewhat correct since it's running.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>