tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milt Epstein <mepst...@uiuc.edu>
Subject RE: jk_ajp errors in mod_jk.log ???
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:28:02 GMT
On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Anthony Milbourne wrote:

> Hi John
>
> I onjy just noticed that this is in your HowTo (Apache 1.3.26 - Tomcat
> 4.0.4, at least) as well as in the list archives.  The example
> wrokers.properties file you have given has a minor error.  It should be:
>
> 	# BEGIN workers.properties
> 	#
> 	# Setup for apache system
> 	#
> 	# make this equal to CATALINA_HOME
> 	workers.tomcat_home=/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4
> 	#
> 	# make this equal to JAVA_HOME
> 	workers.java_home=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.0_01
> 	#
> 	ps=/
> 	worker.list=ajp13
>
> 	# Definition for Ajp13 worker
> 	#
> 	worker.ajp13.port=8009
>
> 	# change this line to match apache ServerName and Host name in
> server.xml
> 	worker.ajp13.host=localhost
>
> 	worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
> 	#
> 	# END workers.properties
> 	I have removed ajp12 from line 12 as Tomcat 4.0.4 doesn't need it
> (as far as I know) and if you have it there without the appropriate
> connector defined in server.xml it causes communication errors.
> 	I hope that helps...

It was also pointed out that the lines defining workers.tomcat_home
and workers.java_home and ps are not needed (they're macros/variables
internal to this file, and the lines that used them have already been
removed).  So, after removing comments, this file can be reduced to:

	worker.list=ajp13
	worker.ajp13.port=8009

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer