tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "gautam" <gau...@applabs.net>
Subject User Authentication + Realms + LDAP
Date Sat, 17 Aug 2002 04:14:01 GMT
Hello,

I am working on a project that uses Tomcat (with JBoss) and Apache Struts.
User authentication needs to support a "Single Sign On" feature which
displays a login screen (UserID/Password) if the user is hitting the
application directly or it should accept a URL from another application with
the same information (encrypted user ID/pwd). I need to authenticate the
user against a directory server (iPlanet) and based on the results decide
what level of information the user has access to (role based; live data or
delayed).

I am not sure if I can directly use the JNDI realm implementation or if I
will have to extend it (or maybe write a new custom one). The URL from the
other application is encrypted and has custom data fields. I have inherited
the decryption module from the previous development team.

Any advice ?

Regards,

Gautam Satpathy