tomcat-users mailing list archives

From rseque...@transentric.com
Subject Re: Setup a context for Tomcat 4.0.3
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 19:24:34 GMT

You could update the "appBase" attribute to point to a different directory
than "webapps". Or you could specify the absolute path in the "docBase"
attribute of the Context element to override the "appBase". This way you
could have a context outside of webapps. Also read up on auto-deploying of
web applications.
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/host.html#Automatic%20Application%20Deployment

That is you could just drop a war file in the "webapps" directory or any
other appBase directory and Tomcat will auto-deploy the web app without you
creating a Context entry in server.xml.

RS

                      "Chiming Huang"

                      <huang@ac-tech.co        To:       <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                      m>                       cc:

                                               Subject:  Setup a context for Tomcat 4.0.3

                      09/19/02 03:19 PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Tomcat Users

                      List"

Hi,

I would like to put my webapp out side of ~\tomcat\webapps directory.  I
know I need to setup a context in the ~\tomcat\conf\server.xml to point to
my webapp directory.  And it is working fine.

Base on the environment stated above, my question is: Is there a way to
configure Tomcat so that I don't need to modify the
~/tomcat\conf\server.xml to add a context for my app?

Thanks.
Chiming