tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stephane.RA...@r2isante.fr
Subject Http Session
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 14:02:37 GMT
Hi All !

I'm not sure I've understand everything about Session !!

I'm using Tomcat 4.0 and I use a Filter to check authentification.
This filter filters everything except the connection page.

what I'm doing in doFilter :
-----------------------CODE-----------------------------
   HttpSession session = null;
   if (request instanceof HttpServletRequest) {
        session = ((HttpServletRequest) request).getSession();
   }
    MyObject connex = null;
    if (session != null) {
        connex = (MyObject) session.getAttribute(USER_PARAM);
        if (connex != null) {
            if (connex.getUser() != null) {
                // Continue !
                chain.doFilter(request, response);
                return;
            }
        }
    }
    connex = methodToCreateConnexIfFormFiledsArePresents(request);
    if (connex != null) {
        // Get in !
        session = ((HttpServletRequest) request).getSession(true);
        session.setAttribute(USER_PARAM, connex);
        chain.doFilter(request, response);
    } else {

        // Get out !
        sendConnectionScreen(response);
    }}

My problem :

A client came into the site and connect. I goes inside and wait.
I'm rebooting the server. (Tomcat should be reinitialise no ?? :-)
Then the client make another request and the filter says ok, continue.
I can even log the name of the user found in the MyObject connex. but
myClient has never reconnect !

where am I wrong ?? where is the session attributes stored ??

Thanks in advance for your help.