tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert L Sowders" <rsowd...@usgs.gov>
Subject Help with test needed.
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 01:31:01 GMT
I've just about completed a new site and I've been wondering about a few
things, specifically how does the public see it.  It's an ArcIMS site and
I know it will appear to load a bit slow, (that's just how ArcIMS works).
I'm hosting the front end in one place and the data at another.  I'm
wondering about the network latency that is built in.

If you would go to http://terra.wr.usgs.gov/pilots/wa-id/viewer.htm, then zoom in about three

times and click on the orthophoto check box that comes up on the right
hand side, then hit the refresh button, this final refresh will give you
an idea of the network latency.

I can't see it because I'm on the DOI backbone.

Any help is appreciated.

rls

jdeveloper <jdeveloper@cox.net>
09/30/2002 05:50 PM