tomcat-users mailing list archives

From rseque...@transentric.com
Subject Re: Re[2]: Context path
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 17:40:25 GMT

Since the request object isn't available in the init(), adding an init
param with the context name would help.

RS

                      "Andreas Probst"

                      <andpro77@gmx.net        To:       "Tomcat Users List"

                      >                         <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                                               cc:

                      09/20/02 09:12 AM        Subject:  Re: Re[2]: Context path

                      Please respond to

                      "Tomcat Users

                      List"

Thank you RS and Jake,

I know there is the possibility of init parameters. Because one
has to edit them manually I would prefer another more dynamic
way of getting the context path. Isn't there another
possibility?

Andreas

> Jake, you are correct. Guess I was high on dope, huh :-) But I
> suppose one could still use the environment entry technique for
> "root" contexts. Thanks
>
> RS
>

> Hello rsequeira,
>
> I think you are mistaking getServletContext with
> getRealPath("/"). The servlet context object is too important to
> *ever* return null.  It is only file system operations that will
> not work when the context is deployed in a .war file.
>
> Jake
>
> Thursday, September 19, 2002, 1:29:21 PM, you wrote:
>

> rtc> Place an environment entry in the web.xml. This way you can
> access this rtc> parameter anywhere, anytime. Don't depend on
> getContext or rtc> getServletContext methods. If you had a war
> file, a getServletContext rtc> returns null.
>
> rtc> RS
>

> rtc> Hi all,
>
> rtc> I need to know the context path of my web app. If I have a
>
> rtc> HttpServletRequest req, I can get
> rtc> String contextPath = req.getContextPath();
>
> rtc> Now, what can I do within init()? I havn't got a
> rtc> HttpServletRequest there. How do I get the context path?
>
> rtc> Thanks in advance.
>
> rtc> Andreas

For additional commands, e-mail: <