tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stephane.RA...@r2isante.fr
Subject Réf. : Http Session
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:10:07 GMT

--> Ok, not so much answer huh !! Is my question stupid ? By the way, i'm
adding one question to the rest. does Tomcat stores session attributes on
file system. If yes, is it possible to disable this function or at least to
prevent him to read them back after a reboot ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

------------------------------
A++

Stéphane

---------------------------------REPLY FOR
---------------------------------

Hi All !

I'm not sure I've understand everything about Session !!

I'm using Tomcat 4.0 and I use a Filter to check authentification.
This filter filters everything except the connection page.

what I'm doing in doFilter :
-----------------------CODE-----------------------------
   HttpSession session = null;
   if (request instanceof HttpServletRequest) {
        session = ((HttpServletRequest) request).getSession();
   }
    MyObject connex = null;
    if (session != null) {
        connex = (MyObject) session.getAttribute(USER_PARAM);
        if (connex != null) {
            if (connex.getUser() != null) {
                // Continue !
                chain.doFilter(request, response);
                return;
            }
        }
    }
    connex = methodToCreateConnexIfFormFiledsArePresents(request);
    if (connex != null) {
        // Get in !
        session = ((HttpServletRequest) request).getSession(true);
        session.setAttribute(USER_PARAM, connex);
        chain.doFilter(request, response);
    } else {

        // Get out !
        sendConnectionScreen(response);
    }}

My problem :

A client came into the site and connect. I goes inside and wait.
I'm rebooting the server. (Tomcat should be reinitialise no ?? :-)
Then the client make another request and the filter says ok, continue.
I can even log the name of the user found in the MyObject connex. but
myClient has never reconnect !

where am I wrong ?? where is the session attributes stored ??

Thanks in advance for your help.

For additional commands, e-mail: <