tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Re: Anyone else have problems migrating apps to tomcat4.1.9.
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 13:23:25 GMT

Sorry I have no solution, but I am glad you asked this question.

We are developing our first Struts app on 4.0.4.  When I tried the app  in
4.1.9, I could not get the jsp:includes to compile as well.
At this time we will stick with Jboss/Tomcat 4.0.4 Bundle during
In addition, we have been  testing it on JBoss/Jetty without problems

"Colic, Alex" <> on 09/04/2002 07:13:27 AM

Please respond to "Tomcat Users List" <>

To:    "Tomcat (E-mail)" <>

Subject:    Anyone else have problems migrating apps to tomcat4.1.9.

I have a web application that has been working fine in tomcat 4.0.1 for a
couple of months now. I want to move over to 4.1.9+ to get a couple of
features. I like the new management console and the improved jndi database

I installed tomcat and moved my app over to the web apps directory. The app
now somewhat works. A few problems.

Any jsp in a sub folder does not work. If I try to access them I get a
'can't compile the jsp error'.

Session attributes seem to be out of wack. When I user logs in I put a user
object in their session. If they try to access a management page I have a
tag that checks to see if that object exists in the session and if they
the required security attributes. I stepped through that tag code and the
session the code gets is new and therefore the object is not there.

Anyone else have any problems with migrating applications over to 4.1.9?

waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying
of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended
recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please
advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courriel est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux
droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou
copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne
autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite. Si vous
recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par
retour de courriel ou par un autre moyen.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message