tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Power-Netz \(Schwarz\)" <schw...@power-netz.de>
Subject AW: Tomcat standalone Versus Apache
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 08:57:00 GMT
> What do most people run for production and why?  Tomcat
> standalone or Tomcat
> with Apache? And for that matter, isn't the http server for
> Tomcat Apache -
> or is it something else?

For help in your decision :

we run our tc standalone because nearly every page handles dynamic content.
just the layout is bases on static files which are included. In case of
using perl we create a new process and let it work for itself.
So WE have no need for Apache. OTHERS may have it while mixing PERL/PHP/JSP
together.

Make clear what you wanne do, and there will be someone with an equal webapp
who can help you..

cu M.Schwarz