tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Townsend" <d_towns...@ntlworld.com>
Subject tomcat 4.1.10 mishandling nested variables in tags?
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 14:08:24 GMT
Just upgraded to 4.1.10 and found that my webapp no longer functions. I have
tracked this down to a tag that uses nested tags. On the old version
(4.0.4), immediately after the doStartTag call, the variables are declared
for the jsp page, and their values read from the pageContext, then the jsp
content of the tag is executed. On the new version after the doStartTag, the
variables are declared and set to null and only have their values updated
after the jsp content has been executed once. This means that all the
variables are null on the first run through the tag which as far as I
understand the spec is not correct.

Is there any fix for this?

Dave

Dave

--
404. File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)