tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Townsend" <dave.towns...@bigfoot.com>
Subject RE: tomcat 4.1.10 mishandling nested variables in tags?
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 00:32:23 GMT
Muchos gracias for all the input guys, but I guess I'm just going to have to
this problem for me. I'm pretty sure I could knock up a really short example
that demonstrates this problem, who should I submit it to to get it into the
testing suite?

Dave

--
"I'd rather regret the things I have done than the things I have
not." --Lucille Ball

-----Original Message-----
From: Remy Maucherat [mailto:remm@apache.org]
Sent: 13 September 2002 00:37
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: tomcat 4.1.10 mishandling nested variables in tags?

> to put things in perspective. it didn't get caught because the test
> cases are simple and do take into account this type of use. The
> developers have worked very hard to expose as many bugs as possible and
> fix them, but considering jasper2 was totally reworked to include all
> these features a few bugs slipped by.

Yes, that's the right explanation. There's unfortunately no good test suite
for Jasper, as Watchdog just doesn't test this.

> Perhaps it would be better to contribute some real-world complex tag
> examples.

Yes, please do !

> This way it will make sure future releases will not contain
> this same bug. jasper2 is a tremendous improvement over jasper1 for
> extensive tag use.

The code generator generates much more optimized code, and is therefore more
complex.

> as others have noted, you can work around it by turning off tag pooling.

Nice workaround :) I'll mention it.

Remy

For additional commands, e-mail: