tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sexton, George" <gsex...@mhsoftware.com>
Subject RE: JSP Help
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 13:41:03 GMT
No, you don't want another print writer, you want to flush the implicitly
created printwriter named "out" that jsp creates under the hood.

If this doesn't help, I'm afraid I can't suggest anything more. I avoid JSP
like the plague.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
Home of Connect Daily Web Calendar Software
http://www.mhsoftware.com/connectdaily.htm
Voice: 303 438 9585

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Madigan [mailto:ray@madigans.org]
Sent: 20 September, 2002 1:21 AM
To: gsexton@mhsoftware.com
Subject: JSP Help

Hi,

Thanks for your response to my question.  I hope you don't mind if i take
this question off of the mailing list.  It will be easier to talk directly.

Unfortunatly - i couldn't get it to work any better.  Here is what i did:

In the included servlet i added the following lines after the </HTML> tag

<HTML>
    Included tags
</HTML>
try {
    java.io.PrintWriter pw = response.getWriter ( );
    pw.flush ( );
}
catch ( ... ) { }

The result turned out the same.