tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Stage" <>
Subject line feeds in response
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 11:12:16 GMT
Hi all,

got the following problem:

I'm generating xml with jsps. Before I write out any response, I'm using
out.clearBuffer() to
clear anything from the output buffer in order not to write out new lines
However, this doesn't seem to work. I always get 3 line feeds before the xml
starts, which
causes most parsers to fail parsing that xml.
I was wondering wether this is caused by the dispatcher mechanism I'm using:

RequestDispatcher dispatcher = request.getRequestDispatcher(jspUrl);

since the resulting servlet code for the jsp begins output without any line
feeds, so this problem can't
have it's origin the jsp.

I'm running jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4-LE-jdk14 on nt 4.0.

Any help would be really appreciated.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message