tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher Watson" <c.wat...@zen.co.uk>
Subject RE: Cant get 4.1.10 to run on Win2K
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 09:56:00 GMT
Miguel, List

I seem to have fixed this by adding the following string value to the
registry key for the tomcat service
which on my system is one of the entries in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Apache Tomcat
4.1\Parameters

Name				Value
JVM Option Number n	-Duser.dir=v:\jakarta-tomcat

where n is one higher than the greatest JVM Option Number already there
and I also increased the value of JVM Option Count by one

v:\jakarta-tomcat is my tomcat home directory
which I note was already set up as the string value which reads

JVM Option Number 1	-Dcatalina.home=v:\jakarta-tomcat

As to WHY the catalina.home wasn't doing the trick, I have no idea

Also, I haven't tested further than getting JSP to work, so I don't know if
this fixes/breaks anything else.

HTH

Christopher Watson